NEW DELHI—On Monday, July 22, the World Resources Institute (WRI), the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) will launch a ‘center for excellence’ on GHG accounting in India – the India GHG Program –to enhance focus on business opportunities, risks and profitability levers. The program aims to standardize the measurement and management of GHG emissions in the pathway to a more competitive, profitable and sustainable business environment; broaden engagement between policymakers and the business sector in supporting the overall advancement of national goals; and create a pool of adequately trained and certified GHG practitioners, plus measurement and management professionals.
The event will feature a plenary session with Jamshyd Godrej, Godrej & Boyce Mfg Co. Ltd.; Dr R K Pachauri, TERI; Krishan Dhawan, Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation; and Dr Ajay Mathur, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Dr Ashok Khosla, Development Alternatives and S Raghupathy, CII alongside more than 20 leading companies that are founding members of the India GHG Program. The plenary session will be followed by interactive sessions with the designated panellists, industry representatives and the media followed by lunch.
The program aims to help companies in India monitor their progress towards voluntary reduction goals in a consistent and credible manner. It will provide the companies with tools and technical assistance to build inventories, identify reduction opportunities, establish both annual and long-term reduction goals, and track their progress based on the GHG Protocol.
- Launch of the India GHG Program
- Mr Jamshyd N Godrej, Chairman, Godrej & Boyce Mfg Co. Ltd.
- Dr Ajay Mathur, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency
- Pankaj Bhatia, Deputy Director Climate and Energy Program and Director of GHG Protocol, World Resources Institute
- Dr R K Pachauri, Director-General, TERI
- Mr Krishan Dhawan, CEO, Shakti Sustainable Energy
- Dr Ashok Khosla, President, Development Alternatives
- Mr S Raghupathy, Executive Director, CII Godrej GBC
- Amaltas Hall, Indian Habitat Centre
- Lodhi Road
- New Delhi-110003
- Monday, 22 July 2013 11:30 a.m.
RSVP to email@example.com