- Calculation Tools
- Online Training
- Corporate Standard Training Webinar
- Scope 2 Guidance Training Webinar
- Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard Online Course
- Product Life Cycle Standard Online Course
- Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions Online Course
- Mitigation Goal Standard Online Course
- Policy and Action Standard Online Course
- Review Service
Calculation Tools - Progress Report
- Indirect CO2 emissions from the consumption of purchased electricity, heat, and/or steam - updated with new IEA 2004 data
- Indirect CO2 Emissions from Purchased Electricity - updated with new IEA 2004 data
- Stationary combustion - updated with new CO2 2006 IPCC emissions factors. CH4 and N20 factors to be adjusted when finalized by the IPCC. Further updates to reflect IPCC guidance to come.
Natural Gas Transmission and Distribution Tool
A draft discussion paper of the tool was completed and reviewed internally in December. A meeting with stakeholders to discuss the options paper is planned for late February.
Power Sector Tools for India and Mexico
- India: Development of India Power Sector Tool is progressing and near completion. WRI has been working in partnership with TERI and the U.S. EPA on this tool, which is in the final stages of completion.
- Mexico: WRI, along with the US Environmental Protection Agency and the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT), Mexico are assisting FUMEC (The United States-Mexico Foundation for Science) in developing a tool to calculate GHG, NOx and SOx emissions for the power sector in Mexico. The group will be meeting in late February to discuss methodological recommendations for the final tool.
Iron and Steel Tool
Work has begun on an options paper for the development of this tool. The options paper will look at the new Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) 2006 guideline methodologies and emission factors and recommend how to update the existing WRI tool.
Tool Customization Manual
WRI is currently seeking external reviewers for the Tool Customization Manual, which is designed to help users develop customized greenhouse gas calculation tools for their specific programs. The document follows the accounting framework provided by the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard and builds on the quantification methodologies and knowledge provided by leading national and international initiatives including the IPCC, the UK DEFRA, and the US EPA. Interested reviewers should contact Florence Daviet.