- Calculation Tools
- Online Training
- Corporate Standard Training Webinar
- Scope 2 Guidance Training Webinar
- Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard Online Course
- Product Life Cycle Standard Online Course
- Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions Online Course
- Mitigation Goal Standard Online Course
- Policy and Action Standard Online Course
- Review Service
Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions Online Course
The course Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions is meant to support policymakers and practitioners in developing GHG reporting programs for collecting emissions data from entities.
WRI and the World Bank have collaborated to provide this course for policymakers and practitioners interested in measuring, reporting and verifying (MRV) emissions from entities. The course is based on the Guide for Designing Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programs, and describes how to develop economy-wide or sector-specific GHG reporting programs addressing various national and sub-national priorities and objectives. GHG reporting programs provide a platform to gather emissions data from entities and help mainstream emissions measurement and reporting.
After completing the course, users will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes a GHG reporting program, and the range of objectives that reporting programs can serve
- Understand the legal framework needed to anchor the mandatory reporting program
- Determine the capacities necessary to establish and implement reporting programs
- Engage stakeholders during various phases of development and implementation of the reporting program
- Understand various design elements that form the core of GHG reporting programs and key factors that influence design-related decisions
- Delve deeper into three of the existing GHG reporting programs to further comprehend the concepts discussed in the course
Note: A facilitated version of this course will be available May 1-26, 2017. In the facilitated version, participants will be able to enhance their learning experience through an expert facilitator moderating the course and peer-to-peer learning. Register here for the facilitated course.
For technical questions and requirements, please see these Frequently Asked Questions.
- How long will the training take?
The training course typically takes 4-5 hours to complete. It can be taken at any time.
- Should I be familiar with the Guide for Designing Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programs before taking the online course?
The course is based on the Guide for Designing Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programs’ and each topic contains a reference to the relevant topics within the guide. Familiarity with the guide is not necessary but users are strongly encouraged to refer to it along with the online course for maximum benefit.
- Will I get a completion certificate? If yes, what are the requirements?
Yes, there is a certificate of completion issued upon successful completion of the course. Users can get this certificate for completing either the ‘facilitated’ or ‘self-paced’ version of the course. Requirements: Complete all modules and successfully complete the quizzes.
- How long do I have access to the training?
In the self- paced version of the course, users have access to the course all the time. In the facilitated version, users enjoy access to the course only during the dates of delivery of the course. During this time, users can participate in the discussion forum to engage with other users as well as the course facilitator.
- Who should I contact with any questions?
Contact Neelam Singh for questions about course content. For technical questions, contact email@example.com