- Agriculture Guidance
- Scope 2 Accounting
- Public Sector Protocol
- Scope 3 Calculation Guidance
- ICT Sector Guidance
- Financed Emissions Initiative
- Guidance Built on GHG Protocol
- Calculation Tools
- Programs & Registries
Scope 2 Guidance Public Comment Period
May 5, 2014 - April 25, 2014
Since the Corporate Standard publication in 2004, both companies and energy suppliers have sought ways to use contractual instruments such as power purchase agreements, renewable energy certificates, Guarantees of Origin, and utility green power programs to support claims about the low-carbon attributes of purchased energy. In addition, companies have increasingly taken a holistic view towards their energy demand management and procurement. Both trends have emphasized the need for a more complete and nuanced reporting framework for scope 2.
To meet this need, the GHG Protocol has for three years led international consultations on how companies should calculate emissions from purchased and consumed electricity, heat, steam and cooling (scope 2). The Scope 2 Guidance and Scope 2 Guidance Review Template are available for a 5 week public comment beginning Thursday, March 13th and ending Monday, April 21st, 2014 (this is now extended to Monday, May 5th).
Learning about the Guidance
The GHG Protocol will be providing overviews of this Guidance through webinars and in-person workshops. These opportunities will be listed on this webpage as they are scheduled. If you would like to be notified of these opportunities, please email Joe Winslow (email@example.com). Currently, they include:
GHG Protocol webinar on Scope 2 Guidance for US/EU time zones:
- Wednesday, March 26th: 10 – 11am EST (NYC time). Register here
- Thursday, April 3rd: 11 – 12pm EST (NYC time). Register here
GHG Protocol webinar on Scope 2 Guidance for Asia time zones:
- Thursday, March 27th: 10 – 11am CST (Beijing time) Register here
- Wednesday, April 2nd: 10 – 11am CST (Beijing time). Register here
IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS (Times are local time)
- Monday, March 17th – 10:00am -1:00pm (London, UK – Park Plaza Victoria). Attendance at the GHG Protocol workshop is free of charge. Please Register using the form below
- Wednesday, March 19th – 1:30pm -4:30pm (Dusseldorf, Germany – Intercontinental Hotel Dusseldorf) This GHG Protocol workshop follows the RECs International Market Meeting. Attendance at the GHG Protocol workshop is free of charge. Please Register using the form below.
- Tuesday, March 25th – 2:00pm -5:00pm (Washington, DC – World Resources Institute office). Attendance is free of charge. Please Register using the form below.