- Calculation Tools
- Online Training
- Corporate Standard Training Webinar
- Scope 2 Guidance Training Webinar
- Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard Online Course
- Product Life Cycle Standard Online Course
- Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions Online Course
- Mitigation Goal Standard Online Course
- Policy and Action Standard Online Course
- Review Service
The Greenhouse Gas Protocol offers multiple online learning solutions to get busy professionals up-to-speed on the world's most widely used GHG accounting standards.
If you need to learn the essentials of corporate greenhouse gas accounting, the Corporate Standard Training Webinar is a great place to start. This instructor-led online course covers all the essential requirements of the Corporate Standard, the most widely used standard for companies and organizations to measure and manage their GHG emissions. The Scope 2 Guidance Training Webinar provides additional instruction on accounting from emissions from purchased energy.
If you are already up to speed on the Corporate Standard, you can continue developing your skills with the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) online course. Learn how to identify and categorize emissions from throughout the value chain, set scope 3 reduction targets, and report performance to stakeholders. We also offer an online course for the Product Life Cycle Standard, which is an excellent tool for developing sustainable products.
The GHG Protocol offers two online courses for policymakers and analysts at either the national or local level. The Mitigation Goal Standard course explains how to set greenhouse gas reduction goals and account for their progress over time. The Policy and Action Standard course explains how to estimate the greenhouse gas impact of policies and actions in order to inform policy design and improve their effectiveness in reducing emissions.
WRI and the World Bank have collaborated to provide another course for policymakers and practitioners interested in measuring, reporting and verifying (MRV) emissions from entities. The course Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions is based on the Guide for Designing Mandatory Greenhouse Gas Reporting Programs, and describes how to develop GHG reporting programs to collect emissions data from entities.
All GHG Protocol students may receive a certificate of completion.
|Course Name||Prerequisite||Live Instructor||Flexible Schedule||Price|
|Corporate Standard Training Webinar||None||Yes||No||$475|
|Scope 2 Guidance Training Webinar||Familiarity with the Corporate Standard||Yes||No||$200|
|Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard E-Learning||Familiarity with the Corporate Standard||No||Yes||$325|
|Product Life Cycle Standard E-Learning||None||No||Yes||$325|
|Policy and Action Standard E-Learning||None||No||Yes||Free||Mitigation Goal Standard E-Learning||None||No||Yes||Free|
|Designing MRV Systems for Entity-Level Greenhouse Gas Emissions||None||No||Yes||Free|
- Group discount: Groups of five or more will receive 10% off each registration. Contact Paul Ryberg at email@example.com.
- University Students and NGO/Government Employees: Discounts on the registration fees for the Corporate Standard Training Webinar and the Scope 2 Standard Training Webinar are available for full time university students and employees of NGOs and government agencies. To request a discount, email Paul Ryberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.